Emmanuel Kwizera grew up in Kigali, Rwanda and has been traveling far from home and taking pictures ever since childhood.
He was the Photo Editor at The New Times Publications and a frequent contributor to the magazine from 2018 – 2020. From March 2020, He is a Freelancer Photographer.
He has a Diploma in Digital Photography from Alison, Ireland and attended VII Academy’s Foundry Photojournalism Workshop in Africa 2019.
Emmanuel is currently based in Kigali. He is also available for travel assignments departing Africa.
Awards and Honors:
• Rwandan Best Photographer of the year 2019
• Winner of UNFPA’s ICPD@25 Youth Photo Contest 2019
• Winner in Art Rwanda Ubuhanzi 2018 – Photography, Cinematography Category
• Winner of Wiki Loves Africa Photo Contest in Rwanda 2020
• Winner of Wiki Loves Earth Photo Contest in Rwanda 2020